Monday, March 12, 2012

Have to start somewhere

"Most small problems, when nourished with procrastination, will grow bigger and bigger."  
- Zig Ziglar

I have been putting off starting to blog for too long now.  I hate seeing so many empty and half started blogs and I know I am not one to post updates often.  So I decided not to start something I won't keep up...  I have enough with Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ and Twitter to ignore... I did not need anything else to make me feel guilty about not keeping up.     But now I do have a very good reason to start this blog!!!

My upcoming trip to Africa!!!  
I AM SO EXCITED!!!  I have so much I want to share and talk about!  And I get so many questions about it, I figured I would start here.  Start a blog and start posting!!


FYI...  3 types of topics... and 5 Ws...
There are going to be three major types of topics in this blog as it pertains to Africa...
1- The Tech! I am a geek and I am going for tech reasons... so What I am doing there..
2- The Spiritual! I am also a Christian which is a major reason as to Why I am going...
3- The Trip itself!  The Where and When...  Hopefully these posts will be full of pictures..


And well the last W is me and if you don't know that...
well then what is it you think you are reading about anyway..?
(That was I joke... I don't care if you don't know me..  I am happy someone read down this far on the page)  So in all seriousness, I should probably start with a little about me...
My name is Jimmy.  I am #^ years old, going to be #& in may. (no, that's not a typo)
I am a member and attend LCA.  I also like to think of myself as someone who once brought something to MLUG back in the day... (As I am going to be posting tech questions to that mailing list, I had to figure a way to link that somewhere in this blog post...  that seemed OK).

Last notes on my first post...
I am not going to talk about my professional work at enVu or anything to do with my daily life surrounding Digital Signage (at least for now).  As a side note...  There are already numerous good blogs about Digital Signage like Sixteen:Nine, DailyDOOH and Digital Signage News that I would highly recommend if you are into that sort of thing.

Hopefully there will be much more coming soon....   (If on the off chance you see this post a few years from now nothing else ever followed...  please feel free to write me a Howler!)



No comments:

Post a Comment